Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Getting Crusty with Chicken

This year I hope to take on some new recipes from the wall of cookbooks I have. This week I will be taking on a Pecan crusted chicken from the Prime Time Emeril book.This isn't a big stretch because I've done Cheerio Crusted Chicken before. Although, I didn't use the buttermilk soak.

I guess this is a bit of nostalgia for the good old days of the food network - Kicking food up to notches unknown to mankind! I have to say, this chicken is pretty kicked up.



Pecan Crusted Chicken with pan Roasted Potatoes

1 cup buttermilk
3 tbsp Emeril's Essence
2 tsp salt
1 chicken
1 cup pecan halves
3/4 cup flour

Combine buttermilk, 1 tbsp Emeril's Essence and salt in a plastic zip top bag. Cut the chicken into pieces and add to buttermilk. Refrigerate over night.

Preheat oven to 400. chop the pecans into a fine meal (Food Processor works good). Combine pecans, flour, 2 tbsp Emeril's Essence. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and coat with the pecan mixture and place in a roasting pan.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turn and bake for another 20 minutes. The time will depend on the size of the chicken.

Serve with the potatoes and the veg. of your choice.

This is pretty simple but it is here for completeness
Pan Roasted Potatoes 

3 medium potatoes, or as many as you like
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp dried thyme & parsley, or herbs of your choice

Wash and cut the potato into large pieces. I like 1/8ths. Place in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer until the potatoes are just done.

In a large frying pan on medium-high heat, melt the butter. When hot add the potatoes and herbs. Fry until the potatoes develop some color. Done

Here is what it looks like when it is done:
I don't think I got the pecans quite as fine as I should have. However, it is very yummy.

On to the next cookbook recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment