I originally mixed the bacon in with the potatoes but I found the bacon got lost in the rest of the potato. So, I suggest the bacon be kept to the side and served with the cassarole
The amount of potato is realy what ever it takes to fill the pan.
|Potatoes to fill the pan|
|500g bacon, cooked yeilds 125g||689||46.3|
|2.3kg potato with skins||1774||46.5|
|2c cheddar, 235g||1018||62.6|
|1c asiago, 97g||346||24.3|
|1/2c parmesan, 48g||188||17.2|
|500ml sour cream, 14%mf||833||16.6|
|1 tbsp peppercorn|
|1 tbsp salt|
|1 tsp granulated garlic|
Total for dish: 4848 calories, 213.5g protein
Per 12 servings: 404 calories, 17.79g protein
1. Cook bacon until crisp and set aside
2. Cut the potato into pieces and boil in salted water until done
3. Grind the peppercorns, salt and garlic in a spice mill/coffee grinder.
4. In a stand mixer begin mashing the potato. Add the sour cream, 1/3-1/2 of the cheeses and the salt/pepper/garlic mixture. Continue mashing until all the ingredients have combined.
5. Spread the potato mixture into your baking pan and top with the remaining cheeses.
6. Bake at 375F for 45 minute to melt and brown the cheese.
Serve with the reserved bacon on the side.